This extension will add download buttons to:
* Individual track pages.
* User pages (downloads all of a user's tracks).
* Playlist pages (downloads the entire playlist).
* Tracks that are contained in scrollable lists.
When a download is initiated, by default it will download the mp3 version of the song with metadata (including cover art) added. It can be configured from the options menu to not add metadata or prefer to download songs in its uploaded format if available.
Metadata information and cover art is automatically added to files in .mp3 format (as ID3v2 tags). The added metadata includes: cover art, title, album artist, genres, duration, release year, bpm, artist url, audio source url, and description.
Note that when adding metadata, the entire song needs to be downloaded to memory first. This might cause a song to not appear to be downloading at first, but in most cases it is actually downloading in the background.
All tracks will be downloaded to the user's default Downloads folder:
* Tracks are downloaded with the name `track_title`.
* Playlists are downloaded to a folder with the name `user_name - playlist_name`.
* User tracks are downloaded to a folder with the name `user_name`.
If a file with the same name exists, it will not be overwritten. This can be changed from the options menu.
Special characters in the title will be replaced by an underscore (unless it's a tilda, in which case it is replaced by a dash (-) symbol).
The extension will attempt to remove strings in track titles matching variations of 'Free Download' or 'Download Link' as the suffix. The regex used for matching is configurable.
Source code is available on GitHub:
Report any bugs or feature suggestions to: