Translate word (or text selection) from any language to the language of your choice by pointing or clicking at it.
Also you can (enable in options):
- reverse translate: from your own language to the language of your choice
- type and translate in a popup
- copy translation to clipboard
"Your data on all websites":
TransOver should be able to read any word on a page - "Your data ..." - in order to translate it. On any website you want it working - "... on all websites".
100% CLEAN Softpedia award - https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Internet-Applications-Addons/Chrome-Extensions/TransOver.shtml#status
There is also a Firefox version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/transover-ff/
- Fix remember language in "type and trasnlate" popup being scoped to a particular site
- Fix translation popup sometimes not appearing
- Remember language options in "type and trasnlate" popup
- Fix double translation popup showing in certain scenarious
- Remove unnecessary required "tabs" permission.
- Re-enable clients5 API (it magically started working again). But keep the fallback to rate limited API in case it breaks again.
- Fix "not working on youtube"
- Fix usage tracking
- Show error in the popup when google translate API rate limit is hit
- Better usage tracking (to see how many people hit Google Translate API rate limit)
- Fix chrome build (production webpack generates invalid UTF-8 build) - this time for real
- Fix chrome build (production webpack generates invalid UTF-8 build)
- Fix API url
- Works on Firefox (involved numerous cleanups)
- Show translated noun gender where applicable
- Fix hover menus closing unintentionally
- Add ability to configure font size
- remove youtube fix - it seems to be no longer required
- fix not working on youtube
- make "translate into" field look more like a required field
- fix occasional exception showing up in dev tools
- Add "disable on this page" checkbox to type-and-translate popup.
- Changing options no longer requires to reload pages.
- Fix web components deprecation warnings.
- Change google translate API url. The old one seems to be getting blocked more and more.
- Fix regression. T&T popup wasn't showing translation.
- Optionally show "translated from" language in a popup. Because source langage autodetect often makes funny choices and then people blame TransOver for incorrect/missing translations. This will hopefully act as a hint to go and change "translate from" option from autodetect to a set language.
- Add "copy translation" feature
- Fix errors in developer console
- Add option to translate on whitelisted sites only (credit https://github.com/yamanq/translate_onhover)
- Fix "reverse translate to" dropdown not being fully populated
- Fix TTS looping when key is pressed and held
- Smaller and crispier font
- if site is added to "don't translate on these sites", don't inject template elements. So that they don't show up in OWA new email form
- attempt to fix template content being appended to contenteditable body (OWA new email form)
- fix certain sites (e.g. facebook, youtube) being subtly broken for _some_ users. By not using html imports, since Chrome appears to be buggy in that respect.
- fix selection translation appearing in the corner
- fix "letter-spacing" parent style leaking into the popup
- dismiss popup on scroll
- new icon
- slower tts
- inner refactoring: iframes -> web components
- use Speech Synthesis API for text-to-speech
- add "from" to type-and-translate popup
- don't use chrome.tts. Like ever again
- use chrome.tts api
- get back "Translate from" option
- fix exception showing up in js console
- fix showing only first sentence of selection translation
- fix hotkey setup
- less ugly "type and translate" popup
- better way to figure out unsuccessful translation
- support new google api
- configurable tts key
- rollback z-index increase - previous value was the correct maximum
- max z-index so that popup always stays on top
- revert "cache regexp" optimization
- don't use chrome.tts
- count apostrophes as word characters. So that d'abord, don't, etc. get proper translation.
- fix tts
- skip editable divs (fixes google+, youtube, etc. comments)
- redirect to options after install
- fix tts for "type and translate"
- fix occasional exception in chrome js console
- fix xss security issue
- allow disabling reverse translate if "translate from" is chosen
- add option to choose show popup trigger (previously, 'alt' was the only option)
- fix large selection translation not getting proper height
- fix broken single word translation
- only show type-and-translate popup in top frame (so that bits of it do not show up in facebook, g+ buttons)
- upgrade jquery to get rid of source map exception in dev console
- fix broken tts for multiword translation
- better "don't translate clicking links"
- don't translate when clicking on links
- track source langage properly
- add google analytics
- better popup implementation (possibly fixes wrong popup size)
- smaller dependencies
- fix "choose target lang" broken link
- fix missing icons
- improve popup layout in g+
- smaller package (so it installs faster)
- fix tts
- fix broken popup layout on latest chrome and chromium
- fixed major brokenness caused by google api changes
- add option to only translate selection when alt pressed
- add reverse translate when 'autodetect from word' is chosen
- translate all frames
- make 'Oops.. no translation' optional
- better ignore editable divs
- fix tts not working for type and translate mode
- ignore gmail and g+ editable divs
- button for 'type and translate' popup
- popup more resilient to current page style (been moved to iframe)
- set text direction right-to-left for Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, Urdu and Yiddish
- save options on Enter
- only offer to choose language once (per page load)
- change default autodetect method from locale to word
- add Esperanto
- translate in a popup
- fix broken translation for text that contains regex special characters: ), $, etc.
- bring back 'translate from' option
- reverse translate
- reliable source language autodetect; as a result, getting rid of manual source language option
- 'do not translate on sites' option is less confusing
- change 'translated only if X pressed' from 'shift' to 'alt'
- make Text-To-Speech optional and disabled by default
- expose 'translate from' option
- redesign options page to hide advanced options behind separate link
- text to speech on ctrl press
- jquery updated to 1.7.1
- fix adjustment for parent font-size going not quite as planned
- fix translating wrong word (not the one behind cursor) in rare cases (that was due to * style font-size being different from element font-size)
- ignore mouse 'noise' movements (so popup does not flicker)
- enable 'delay' option only when 'translate by point at word' and not 'shift only'
- fixed unescaped html. again.
- 'translate by click' option added
- fixed performance issue on pages with large text nodes
- selection translation popup no longer shows up anywhere on the page (#17)
- updated available languages
- gotten rid of calls to Google Translate API (since it is deprecated)
- proper cased (as opposed to always lower case) translation (#16)
- make sure translation popup doesn't get out of the window (#14)
- more prominent translation popup (#13)
- no longer attempts to translate selection in text inputs (#12)
- translation no longer changes styles of underlying text (#11). Thanks to Dmitriy Kostikov for pointing in the right direction
- no more explicit 'translate from' option - autodetect is good enough. Also fixes #8
- fixed: erases closing tag on html/xml listing (#6)
- fixed: part of speech is now bold on every page (#9)
- text selection translate (#4)
- fixed: drops text selection (#7)
- report translation fail. As opposed to simply not showing anything to user
- hide translation on page scroll
- prompt user to choose target language, in case it isn't set. Useful for new installs
- source language is now a configurable option (defaults to 'autodetect')
- translation delay is now configurable option
- remove "don't translate from these languages" option
- gotten rid of explicit api call to detect language. Turns out dictionary api can do it itself.
- popup fadeIn/fadeOut. As opposed to hide/show
- reduced delay before translation start