There's several maps to choose from (selected in main menu).
- Empty: No walls added.
- Random: Starts with an empty map, and adds walls randomly in the map at a certain interval.
- Stairs: Stair like walls added at the start.
- Lines: Horizontal walls added at the start.
At a certain interval (depending on the difficulty set), some elements will be added to the map.
- Obstacles (walls), that you need to avoid (only for the random map).
- Food, that you need to get, to grow the snake's tail.
The snake can't hit its own tail, or the obstacles, otherwise the game is over.
The snake is controlled with the `wasd` keys for player 1, and the `arrow` keys for player 2. If playing with only 1 player, then either of the controls can be used.
You can only control the next direction to turn, can't reverse the snake's direction.
In the options menu, you can change the difficulty of the game by changing some parameters, like the canvas width/height, whether there's a frame around the canvas, and the the spawn timings. These apply to any map.
The high-score menu shows the scores of the selected map. To see the scores of the other maps just select the map in the main menu before opening the high-score menu.