WE WERE HACKED!
First off, everything is going back to normal with a new build being released.
Someone hacked the most popular extension on the Chrome store and was able to update it with malware that redirected users to bad advertisement websites in a ploy to make a quick bucks.
It is infuriating that someone was able to do this, but we have removed the malware and are back on track.
As always, Photo Zoom does not want to run on any sites other than ours and Facebook (obviously) and certainly do not want your data at all.
We are so sorry for the inconvenience!
Join nearly 5 million people using Photo Zoom for Facebook, the Highest Rated Most Popular Extension for Google Chrome!
Thanks everyone for enjoying Photo Zoom for Facebook! Be sure to:
★ Give it 5 Stars below and +1 it above!
★ LIKE it on Facebook: http://j.mp/deWmkK
★ Donate to the project: http://bit.ly/iezAx3
Photo Zoom for Facebook, formerly FB Photo Zoom, is a simple, light-weight extension that integrates directly into Facebook so you can see the larger images of albums, profile images and more whenever you hover over an image!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why does it say you access my Facebook and browsing data?
A: You can rest assured that Photo Zoom for Facebook does not access, view, use, manipulate, or even care about any of your data, history or private information, at all. PZ4FB requires certain permissions to run correctly and Google is simply telling you that PZ4FB could access your data, not that it does. It's absolutely up to you to only install extensions and apps that you trust. You can read more here: http://www.regisgaughan.com/fbphotozoom/privacy
Q: Wasn't this called "Facebook Photo Zoom" and "FB Photo Zoom?"
A: Sure was. Unfortunately over a year ago Facebook filed a DMCA complaint that temporarily took down this and many other popular Facebook extensions. We've had to modify the name so the trademark "Facebook" does not appear as an endorsement. We urge everyone to be careful with other extensions that call themselves "Faceobok Photo Zoom" or "FB Photo Zoom." These are not the original and potentially malicious.
Q: What makes Photo Zoom for Facebook so awesome?
A: Easy: No bloat. PZ4FB does one thing and one thing better than the rest: Enhance your Facebook image viewing experience. We believe this is why we are the highest rated extension in the Google Chrome Web Store. We'll gladly leave rounded corners and dislike buttons to other extensions.
Q: Why is PZ4FB better than other "knock-offs?"
A: Photo Zoom for Facebook is built specifically for Facebook and your browser. It uses a small set of browser-specific features to keep it powerful and lightweight that can't be found in similar extensions that rely on bloated libraries and features.
Q: How do I disable PZ4FB?
A: You can toggle Photo Zoom on and off by clicking the icon in the lower-right near your chat bar or by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+Z
Q: What are the advanced features?
A: There are a bunch of ways to customize PZ4FB. Want to wait a second when over a photo before Photo Zoom kicks in? You can. Only want Photo Zoom to fucntion when your holding SHIFT? We got that too. There's a feast of options in the "Advanced Settings" of PZ4FB's options. Take a look, but we do feel that you'll like PZ4FB as it is.
Q: Does your extension access my data on Facebook?
A: Nope. While PZ4FB does run on Facebook.com, all it cares about is making the images you hover over easier to see. You can rest assured that PZ4FB does not access, view, collect, use, or even manipulate any of your data, history or private information, at all.
Q: Why do you need my history?
A: PZ4FB does not access your history. However, it does rely on communicating and manipulating tabs in your browser and, unfortunately, this triggers the same warning in Google Chrome. You can see more on Google's docs here (the third row, "tabs" and "history"): http://j.mp/fEia5o
Q: How do I contact you?
A: I'm a pretty busy guy and can't promise I'll respond to every email, but I can promise that I will read every one. You may contact me via http://j.mp/9S5NzF
Aug 5th, 2014
- Fix images sticky to cursor after zooming
Jul 31st, 2014
- Add "Open in New tab" and "download" menu options!
- Fix some images not appearing
Dec 1st, 2013
- Complete rewrite with newer, faster code!
- Fix a lot of images that weren't working correctly b/c of Facebook changes
Aug 31th, 2012
- Change name to "Photo Zoom for Facebook" due to a DMCA complaint from Facebook
- Upgrade Chrome Manifest to version 2 as required by Google
- Update options page style
- Fix an issue with certain images through FB's image proxy
June 11, 2012
- Fix FB's News Feed Redesign
June 5, 2012
- Fix icon from overlapping chat
- Style icon to be more similar to FB Chat box
June 4, 2012
- Fix incorrect cropping for new timeline photos
- Fix captions for some images
- Fix the icon from overlapping with Chat relayout
- Add ability to hide captions
- Add ability to hide context-menu
- Add ability to force temporary hide via keypress
- Add author domain to permissions
Sep 27, 2011
- Disable functionality in the Theatre and Ticker (and timeline "cover").
Sep 19, 2011
- Add support for Facebook's new "mosaic" view on the feed
- Add support for Facebook's new file naming scheme
Aug 10, 2011
- Fix titles not appearing for some photos
- Animate title popping in.
- Limit analytics to 1% sampling by request of Google (too popular!)
Jun 17, 2011
- Fix icon disappearing after FB changed their markup
May 7th, 2011
- Support more photos! Instagr.am, Flickr, Related Friends, Friendship Pages and more!
- Fix Mac Chrome bug that would occasionally not show an image that had previously been opened
- Add context menu items to open options page, enable/disable PZ4FB and open currently opened image in a new tab
- Increase speed of images loaded, perhaps future support pre-loading images
- Add Google Analytics support
May 5th, 2011
- Change name to FB Photo Zoom due to a DMCA complaint from Facebook
Dec 12, 2010
- Change CSS injection, hopefully fixing images appearing under the page
Dec 7, 2010
- Stability fixes
- Streamlined Chrome APIs
- Right click when an image is open to open it in a new tab from the menu
- Right click the lower-right PZ4FB icon to open the options page from the menu
- Expose Advanced Options
- Adds oft request "delay" as well as other advanced and beta options
- Tie & update multiple tabs running PZ4FB together (disabling PZ4FB from one tab, disables others)
- Update PZ4FB if options have changes w/o needing to refresh the page
- Better protect against losing CSS information during long sessions (seemingly breaking PZ4FB)