Peek is a browser extension that lets you preview dozens of types of documents before you download them. Just hover over a file's link, and Peek will display an interactive preview of the file instantly.
Supported file types:
- PDF, TXT, RTF documents
- Word Documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel Documents (.xls, .xlsx)
-PowerPoint Presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
- OpenDocument files (.odt, .ods, .odp)
- WebM, MP4, GIFV, and OGG/OGV Video
- MP3 and WAV Audio
- JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG, PNG, APNG, ICO, and BMP images
- Google Docs
- Apple iCloud (Keynote only)
- Reddit (posts only)
Peek is open source under the GPL license. The code is available here:
Peek has a donation option in the settings page, if you wish to support the project's development.