The best web page tinting tool for Chrome: nOverlay (as in no-overlay) tints web pages without the need for a physical or software overlay - so no more washed-out text or off-putting tinted image!
nOverlay started life as a tool that I wrote for my dyslexic wife whilst she was studying at University. The tool worked so well for her that she urged me to develop it further and release it to the world - nOverlay is the result of her relentless requests and she assures me that she now simply cannot browse the web without it!
Far from being just an aid for dyslexic web users, nOverlay can potentially make browsing easier for users with Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome (SSS), those who have a light sensitivity or even people who simply don't like bright white web pages!
· Tint web pages without an overlay - text and images remain unaltered
· Customise any of the 8 bundled colour profiles or create your very own
· Override page fonts with the OpenDyslexia font
· Create custom profiles for specific web sites which load automatically
· Tint background images or remove them completely
Advanced settings allow for complete control: Choose to tint strictly white and grey-ish backgrounds or choose to tint a wider colour range so that sites such as Facebook (which has a very light blue background) are tinted the way you like! With nOverlay you decided how you view the web!
Proactve support: If you have a problem using nOverlay then feel free to get in touch at http://www.noverlay.com/contactus - I promise you'll get a response personally!
Pay what you think nOverlay is worth and an half goes to charity: nOverlay is free to use but if you choose to contribute what you can afford to help keep nOverlay in development then I'll donate an entire 50% to dyslexic charities!
Your private data is your own: You'll see a notice about nOverlay needing access to your history and browsing data but this is nothing to worry about. The message is automatically generated because nOverlay runs in every tab - I assure you that absolutely none of your private data will be looked at!
Changes in this version (v126.96.36.199)
· Minor code changes to better adhere to Chrome store policies. (A bigger update is well under-way - stay tuned.)
· Fixed an image loading bug which arose after a recent Chrome update. Background images should now be tinted as they were prior to the Chrome update roll-out.
· Numerous bug fixes, optimisations and enhancements - Many pages will now be tinted significantly faster than in the previous version.
· Introduction of a "loading shade" - A shaded overlay will dim pages as they are loading to help prevent the "blinding effect". The shade is removed automatically once the page has been fully tinted.
· The "update frequency" option has been removed - nOverlay will now only react to on-page changes when they occur.
· All background images are now tinted as default for new profiles.
Found a bug or nOverlay isn't quite working the way you'd expect? Submit a bug report at http://www.noverlay.com/submitabug and I'll get to work on it as soon as possible!