Bring back soft light instead of glaring white from Chrome 69 new UI.
Color scheme updated
Bring back soft light instead of glaring white from Chrome 69 new "Material Design refresh" UI. Well, a bit darker than original too, also some minor improvements, maybe even better. A theme that makes you feel comfortable. Enjoy the new 10th anniversary UI! :3
- Soft Light default New Tab Page
- Clearer text with higher contrast for bookmarks & tabs
- Prevent white flash when switching or reloading tabs sometimes
- Dark theme not fully available in the Incognito mode
- Custom background not available on the default New Tab Page. By the way, you can still use other New Tab Page extensions like Google Earth View or Tappy Cat without any problem.
- Gear on the New Tab Page almost not invisible sometimes, but it is still there on the bottom right. Chrome force using a light gray gear when not using the default theme.
This theme is designed for new UI from Chrome 69, you may not need this if you are still using old UI or Chrome 68, but it works great too. Personally, I think the new UI quite good, not bad, except the white.
It may look like pure grayscale same as old UI, however not really. It mixed up the color schemes from both new and old UI, it is a hybrid version.
It is a bit darker than original... actually because of the unchangeable address bar or Omnibox, avoiding to use a similar color, but it looks great too. Hope that Google will give us more control on a custom theme in the future.