Use your camera as a mirror. This is a real Chrome web app that runs in its own window and that also works offline (it doesn't require internet connection). The mirror app has a zoom function and various predefined mirror (video) colour filters, such as 1970s, Colourful, Black & White, Negative or Sepia. This app also allows take picture of current video state and save it as an image to the local file system.
WHY THIS APP?
• the Instant Mirror app is easier to find and launch than the default camera app (see the tips below)
• colour style filters you can choose from
• this app launches faster
• the app has a zoom function
• this is a real standalone HTML5 Chrome web app that behaves like a native app, no matter whether you run it on Chrome OS, Windows or Mac; it sits in its own window that can be resized, maximised to full screen, minimised to the task bar, just like any other app
• create a shortcut to this app in your operating system's menu
• find a link to this app in the Chrome Apps launcher
Requires a build-in web camera or an external web camera connected. Video quality and resolution depends on your web camera.
If you are not getting video, please try the following steps:
• make sure the camera is not used by another app or program
• make sure the camera is set up correctly in your Chrome browser by navigating to: chrome://settings/content
• make sure the camera is plugged in and switched on