A surprisingly versatile calculator for Chrome. (Formerly Chromey Calculator)
Math geeks rejoice!
Inspired by the fantastic calculator built into Google's search engine, Cloudy Calculator handles many of the same kinds of calculations as Google does. In fact, if Cloudy Calculator can't handle a calculation, it asks Google for the result (you'll see a little "G" to the left of those calculations).
New in 6.1.7
* First beta test, on the way to Cloudy Calculator 2
* Operation: Low-Hanging Fruit (Do the easy stuff before the new parser, since that was holding everything up!)
* Make the input box receive focus more reliably, so you don't have to click it before you can start typing.
* Scrollable history of previous calculations
* Use up/down arrow keys to access input history.
* Click on any result to insert it into the input area.
* Ctrl+Click on any result to copy to clipboard.
* Click the little arrow at the upper right to pop out to new window.
* Last result can be accessed using the "@" variable.
* Create your own user variables -- @abc_123 = 42
* Store an unevaluated expression -- @x := 10 meters
* You'll see a faint "G" next to results caclulated by Google.
Click the "G" to see the original Google result.
Some of the things Cloudy Calculator is capable of handling
* Mixed unit calculations -- 2 mi + 4 km + 3 light-years in feet
* Unit conversion -- 1/4 cup in tablespoons
* Currency conversion -- 56 dollars in euros
* Hex, octal, binary -- 4 + 0xAF + 0o71 + 0b10 in hex
* Mathematical functions -- sin, cos, tan, log, etc.
* Mathematical and physical constants -- pi, e, h, c, etc.
You can find a pretty detailed overview of the kinds of calculations Google's search engine can handle here:
Feel free to give us a heads up on any bugs you've noticed or suggest features here:
(Special Thanks to Extempl, MinstormsKd, and IIsi 50MHz)