Makes Mixer.com chat better with these features:
1. Custom channel emotes! Add this chrome extension and all synced Mixer chats will have FFZ and BTTV emote support.
2. Bots can have a different color.
3. Chat line colors can alternate.
4. Chat avatars can be hidden.
5. Among other smaller quality-of-life tweaks and features.
You can ask me for any other features you'd like!
CHANNEL EMOTE SYNCING INSTRUCTIONS:
If you are a streamer and would like to get custom local emotes for your chat, EITHER:
Fill out this form, and wait for me to add you to the sync: https://goo.gl/forms/v3pbTB1jliUyRgm22
1. Go to https://github.com/TheUnlocked/Better-Mixer/tree/master/Info and follow the instructions to sync your accounts. If you have any questions, send me a message on twitter @The_Unlocked.
2. Wait for the pull request to be processed, and then start chatting with your emotes!
Want to share a shortened URL? Use https://bit.ly/bettermixer
If you encounter any issues, don't hesitate to send me a DM at @The_Unlocked
Q: Can you add support for global Twitch/BTTV/FFZ emotes?
A: No. At the moment, Better Mixer is remaining purely opt-in for the streamer, and maintaining a database of settings for streamers to customize their chats with would be too costly at the moment, both in terms of server costs and development time. This feature may become available in the future when those costs become manageable, but there is no planned release date.
Q: Is Better Mixer open source, and can I contribute?
A: Yes and yes. https://github.com/TheUnlocked/Better-Mixer is the link to the repo, and you can feel free to open an issue if you want to add a feature.
Q: Something isn't working.
A: That's not a question, but just notify me on Twitter or open an issue on GitHub telling me what the issue is and I'll get to fixing it. Mixer occasionally changes how their site works, so occasional breaks are expected.
Q: Is this extension available on Firefox?
A: Not at the moment. Mozilla has a manual review process for addons, making it take much longer to update the extension. At some point, a Firefox port for Better Mixer may be created, but not now.
Q: I see that there are errors, but I haven't noticed any issues. What's going on?
A: Certain logging messages are considered a type of error by Chrome. If everything works, you can ignore them.